Elder Dola is serving a two year mission in Praia, Cape Verde, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Monday, May 7, 2012

Macacos e Cabras e Cães, OPA!!



Hey family!!

So first things first, transfers happened this past weekend AND...... I´m going to stay here in Assomada!!! YES!! I´m super pumped. I love it here in Assomada and I don´t think I´m ready to leave yet. Elder Fonseca and I will be staying as Zone Leaders which will be pretty sweet. Other exciting news, Brodie is Zone Leader in Praia. This means I´ll probably see him at least once this transfer during Zone Leaders Council. It´s gonna be awesome!

So we had two baptisms this week, L and C. L is probably the most golden investigator I have ever seen, she´s the one that we helped carry water. She has such a strong testimony already and is going to be a strong member throughout her life. C, our other recent convert, is a stud!! He has been battling a smoking addiction for the past three months. Last week, we past him in the street and the first thing he said, in English, was "I quit smoking!" We were so pumped and he was so happy and excited all week! This guy should have been baptized months ago! He was basically a self-reference and has never missed a Sunday since he started. Plus he´s super smart and has an amazing testimony! We have been blessed this past transfer and this one coming up should be very successful. We already have two baptisms planned for the first week and a lot of strong investigators.

Other than that, not too much is new. It is getting hotter here, more and more every day. Even the evenings are getting warmer. But it´s still bearable. We have to wear our suits for church and special zone conferences, if a General Authority is there for example, and man, suits were not meant to be used in Cape Verde!! But it´s only once a week for three hours so it´s not that bad. This week, Elder F is going to Praia to train the new assistants. So I am going to be with Elder M, a mini-missionary. It´s gonna be pretty interesting but should be good. I already know him, as he is from Assomada which could make it a bit strange... especially since we are teaching his two brothers, but he's really cool and is getting ready to leave on his mission in Mozambique!

So Sunday we are going to try to use Skype. We are planning on calling around 6:00 PM our time, so roughly 1:00 your time. I have to try to remember my username and password. If Skype doesn´t work out we will just use the phone. So keep your Skype on and I will try to remember my info.

Time really does go by too fast... I´ve already been gone for six months!! CRAZY! But I still have a long ways to go and a lot of work to do. It´s gonna be exciting!  I love you all and will talk to you on Sunday!




P.S. The picture is my Zone from the last transfer