Elder Dola is serving a two year mission in Praia, Cape Verde, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Monday, June 4, 2012

Waves Galore!


Hey!

Well another day in history has just happened... THE FIRST BAPTISM IN CALHETA!! So the other two fell because we didn´t have a chance to teach them everything they needed before baptism, so they´ll be baptized next week. But the other one, J, was baptized on Saturday!!! I don´t have a lot of pictures because Sister O has them but she said she´d send them to me this week. So hopefully next week I will have them to send to you. But, I had the priviledge of performing the baptism, in the ocean!! So we had this place picked out that would have been perfect, but since it was Saturday afternoon, there were a bunch of people swimming there. So we went to the other side of the rocks to this place and the waves were HUGE!! It was very difficult to stand in the same place for very long since we were constantly being beaten by the waves. But J was baptized, with a little help from the ocean, and it was a very special experience. J has a lot of faith and really proved it this past weekend. Just entering to the ocean required faith. He bore his testimony on Sunday after being confirmed and the Spirit was really strong as he was doing it. This is exactly what this place needs, someone with strong faith that can help establish the church. I feel pretty blessed for the opportunity I had to work with this man and I´m excited for the things that are going to come in the future. President and Sister Oliveira as well as the Stake President were there. We also had quite a few investigators show up. It was a very good weekend. 

Other than that not much else is going on. Yesterday was the last day we will be going to Assomada for church. They got approval to start a group here in Calheta and we are slowly aquiring all the materials that we need so we will be ready to start having church here in Calheta next Sunday. I´m gonna miss Assomada and the people there but I know that I am needed here now in Calheta and I´m going to keep serving where ever I am called. We normally take a Hiace or a Toyota Hilux, both which would be illegal in Canada. Especially the Hiace. Yikes... the drivers may or not be partially insane but it gets us where we need to go. It´s only a half-hour drive to Assomada, so it wasn´t that bad, but we will have way more people in attendance at church here. Lots of good stuff happening here in Calheta and in the mission. I love this place and I couldn´t imagine serving anywhere else. 

I don´t really have much else to write. We are super busy every day and I get home exhausted. It makes it really easy to fall asleep at night though so that is good. Apparently we are coming to the end of the hot season and coming into the rainy season. We´ll see I guess but I hope we get a lot of rain. Hope everything keeps going good and I love you all!



No comments:

Post a Comment