Elder Dola is serving a two year mission in Praia, Cape Verde, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A bô ê ka di Praia, Kala Boca!!



 Man, sounds like you guys all had an awesome week! I wish I could have been there but I´ve got work to do!! So transfers happened and, as has been the trend for me during my mission, I didn´t get a call. Elder Hill and I are staying together for at least another 6 weeks. But that´s good because we have a lot of work to do. I feel like I learned a lot this last transfer but we didn´t baptize like we should have and we need to fix that. Bunch of slackers!! Seriously... but not really. This transfer is gonna be way better and we´re gonna throw some marriages in there for good measure. We´ve got two couples who we are trying to prepare for marriage. We´ve still got some work to do but they are pretty awesome!

Also, the new missionaries come in tomorrow which means the Canadian comes!!! He´s from Lethbridge and we have arranged for him to stay in our house on his first night. Just imagine, you go half way across the world to serve your mission in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, and you spend the first night with two guys from Medicine Hat. SWEET!! I´m super pumped. He´s gonna be an awesome missionary because he´s from Canada!!

As for buying stuff, there is a place calles Sucupira that has a bunch of stuff from America and China. There was a razor in Calu and Angela´s, the grocery store we go to, but it was about 33$000 (or $400). So I figured that was just a tad bit ridiculous. It would almost be cheaper for dad to fly here and give me one in person. But you can find all sorts of random stuff here.

Our week was pretty good. No baptism though... G, our gangster friend, has gone two weeks without using drugs and is psyched out of his mind to be baptized next week! We´ve been working a lot with these families and are kind of in the process of finding new investigators. Not too much really happened. We´re pretty pumped for this new transfer and a chance to redeem ourselves. It´s gonna be pure awesome!!! Anyways, have a good week and enjoy the rest of summer!

Love, Elder Dola


No comments: