Elder Dola is serving a two year mission in Praia, Cape Verde, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Monday, August 20, 2012

We também is poor...


Hey family!

So this week was pretty good. No we did not get robbed again. Already learned that lesson and we will no longer be leaving the balcony door open at night. I haven’t heard from the new Canadian since he left two weeks ago. They don’t waste any time getting them to their new area although I’m sure he’s doing well. I did hear that he had an unfortunate experience with the Fast Ferry though... I hope I never have to take that boat. If I do, it won’t be for a long time because I don’t feel like I’m gonna be leaving this island any time soon.

So not much to report this week. We had zone conference on Wednesday which was AWESOME!!! President Oliveira is an inspired man called of God and he knows EXACTLY what the Lord wants us to do. All we have to do is do it. We are putting a lot of focus on learning the basic doctrines taught in Preach My Gospel and as a result, President challenged us to memorize 30 scriptures from PMG in the next two transfers. Elder Hill and I decided that we wanted to up the challenge so we are going to memorize a scripture a day from now until the deadline. I am not going to be familiar with my English scriptures when I get home. But that’s ok! I’m really seeing an improvement in my teaching because of this and I know that it’s only going to get better. Also we gave a training in Zone Conference on the role of the Spirit in Conversion. 

So unfortunately, our wedding may have to be postponed for a bit. We are having trouble finding a time when we can go to the registry with them and we have been feeling that they need a bit more time. It WILL happen though, but maybe not till next transfer. Other than that though, things are looking good. We have four people preparing for baptism for this upcoming week and have been finding some awesome new investigators. Two of the four for this week are going solid but the other two don’t have permission from their parents yet. BUT that will all change tonight. We both feel like things are going to go well and tonight we are going to talk to their parents again. We had a really good lesson with them last night and the Spirit really touched their mom. So our lack of baptisms is going to end this week and we are really feeling good about the end of the transfer. We are receiving a lot of help from the members and Heavenly Father keeps sending us His prepared children.

Not much else to report. I can’t believe you guys go back to school already!! Craziness... enjoy the end of summer and have a good week!

Elder Dola