Elder Dola is serving a two year mission in Praia, Cape Verde, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Monday, December 24, 2012

Feliz Natal!!


Well, the world didn't end on December 21 so that was good. There were quite a few people who were worried about what would happen but nothing too crazy happened. We had a pretty good week and I can't believe it is Christmas tomorrow!! 

So this week I went to Cova Figueira on a division and I saw the volcano for the first time. It's pretty cool but I didn't get to see very much of it, just the tip. It's beautiful out there and a lot cooler than Sao Filipe. We had a good day and actually taught quite a few lessons. We helped one of their investigators take corn off of the cob and I don't think I have ever seen so much corn in the same place. I attached a picture but it really doesn't do justice to how much corn there was. Craziness...

Our zone had a really good weekend as well and we had our first baptism of the transfer. His name is D and he was a real blessing from Heavenly Father because this man could not have been more prepared. He was so humble and so ready to do anything just to follow Christ. He was ready to give up karate because he didn't think it would be appropriate as a member of the church! We honestly did nothing to prepare this man. He was already prepared, we just taught him what he needed to know. He was just so happy and excited to change his life and start over again. He is going to be a huge help to the branch here as we work to establish a stake. 



Other than that, not too much happened this week. We had our zone Christmas party with President and Sister O and it went really well. We are having troubles finding people right now and I really don't know why. We've been working hard and have really been working with the members. We're just trying to be patient right now and I know that things are going to turn out all right. 

So tomorrow I will probably call around 2:00 our time. So I think that is about 8:00 AM your time. I know it is early but we have a lot of missionaries who need to use skype and only one computer. I love you all and look forward to talking to you tomorrow!