Elder Dola is serving a two year mission in Praia, Cape Verde, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Monday, February 25, 2013

A mi é Badu pá sempre!!!


Hey everyone!! 

So... this week was a little different. Transfers happened on Wednesday instead of Sunday night because of the early arrival of the new missionaries. Also I got transferred and am no longer a zone leader. I am back in Praia in an area called Achada Santo António. President Oliveira has asked me to be his new assistant though which means I am serving with Elder Hill again!!! How nuts is that!?!?! I’m still learning what I am supposed to do as an assistant and this first couple days have been kind of crazy with transfers and everything. There were so many people transferred and we had to take a lot of trips to the airport.

The mission is still growing and President opened up two new zones, one on the island of Sal and one on the island of Santo Antão. We are going to continue receiving more missionaries and the mission is growing super fast. I am really excited for this opportunity to get to know and serve all the missionaries here and to work so closely with President Oliveira. It’s gonna be a lot of work but a lot of fun as well.

Not much else really happened this week. A got baptized but unfortunately I missed his baptism. Elder C is going to send me pictures though so that’s ok. It was hard to leave São Filipe so quickly but I am excited to be back in Praia. They just can’t seem to keep me off this island for very long. I love it here and once I get to know my area and the people I know that I will grow to love it just as much as my previous areas.

I attached a link that opens up to the Cape Verde Church website and on the left hand side there is a link that says Cape Verde Terra de Luz. This is a video that someone made of the country just before they organized the first stake here in Praia almost a year ago. I love this video and the Spirit is so strong as it talks about what it took to get a stake in this amazing country. I love it here and am so glad that I was called to serve these people. 

Well, I don’t have a lot of time left so I’ll try to write more next week. I love you all and home that you have a good week!