Elder Dola is serving a two year mission in Praia, Cape Verde, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Sunday, March 10, 2013

March 7, 2013


March 4, 2013

HEY!


Sorry for the lateness but I haven’t had any time this week to write. Don’t worry, I’m still alive! Life in Cape Verde has been a little crazy this past couple days and we haven’t had much time to do anything. We had some emergency transfers on Monday to solve a few problems that we were having here in Praia and now we are preparing for the mission tour next week with Elder Kearon, member of the First Quorum of the Seventy. We’ve had a lot to do but I’m learning a lot. 

These last two days we had an emergency Zone Leader’s Council. We haven’t quite started the year off like we should have and we have some work to do to bring it back up. If we don’t start now, it’s going to be extremely hard to meet our goal.  The last two days were amazing and I learned so many things that I need to work on. President invited some younger missionaries to the council because we have to start preparing the future leaders of this mission. We are receiving 10 new missionaries in a month and by August we are supposed to have received 70. This place is going to explode! But not if we don’t solve these issues and get things going again.

We had a baptism last week and she is pretty amazing. Her name is L and she is only 12 years old. However, she bore her testimony twice this week and both times she started crying. The Spirit has really prepared her and now we are going to start working with her mom. 

I’m still getting to know my new responsibilities but we basically just help President in everything. We work with him for transfers, organize zone conferences and zone leader’s councils and have some work in the office. I’m, still getting used to everything but I’ve learned a lot. 

I’ll have to write more next week (if I have time, Elder Kearon gets here on Monday). Hope everything is doing well and I love you all!


--