Elder Dola is serving a two year mission in Praia, Cape Verde, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Monday, May 20, 2013

Triste go...


Hello everyone!

Sorry I didn’t write last week but I seriously had no time and I did just talk to you on skype so I didn’t really have much to write. Last week was transfer week and we didn’t have a moment to breathe! I went out to the airport to either send off or pick up missionaries every single day starting last Monday and we had new missionary training and teaching so we were quite busy. I received a new companion, Elder Christensen, who I have actually served with already so that’s kind of funny. He’s super awesome though and I’m pretty excited to serve with him again. Elder Hill will be finishing his mission on the island of Boavista, an island that has never had missionaries on it before. So he’s pretty excited about that and it is now my job to train the new assistant. We’ve got quite a bit of work to do though so I’m gonna be busy this transfer.

This week was awesome though! Elder Hill hasn’t left yet because there are still a few last minute preparations that need to be done before we send them off so he and his companion have been working in our area here in Praia and it is exploding!! We found 19 new investigators this week and almost all of them are from families! We are really strengthening our area again because it was getting kind of disorganized with us travelling so much last transfer. We are going to be doing some travelling again this transfer but not quite as much. We are being really blessed though and I have been finding some of the most prepared people that I have ever seen on my mission. Our ward is growing like crazy and the members are super excited!

This week we lose eight missionaries in our mission since they are finishing their missions. They served good missions though and we will definitely miss them. I just hope. I don’t really have much else to write. I did get my package though, thanks! I don’t think I will need anything else from now until the end. I can just wait until I get home. 

Funny story, one of my recent converts recently bought a little scooter and has been driving around without a license and registration. He got pulled over on Friday and for some reason they sent him to jail. He has to go to court and everything, which seems really ridiculous to me. Just give him a fine and take his scooter away! Ha ha, but everyone is super worried about him and he was supposed to help us out with our baptism this week. He should be out today though and then we’ll put him back to work.

Well, that’s about all that I have today. I hope everyone has a good week and I hope to hear from Shane next week as well! Love you all!