Elder Dola is serving a two year mission in Praia, Cape Verde, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Monday, June 10, 2013

Assomada, ASSOMADA! Un Bez bai!!!


É Módi?

The time passes by so fast out here. Months seem like weeks and weeks seem like days. Especially when you are constantly travelling! This week we went to Assomada!! It was the first time I have been back there in over a year, since I was transferred to Praia. A lot has changed but I was able to see a few of my recent converts and a lot of the members who helped us when I was there. I don’t know what it is about Assomada but it is definitely one of my favorite areas. I would love to serve there again but I don’t think that is going to happen anytime soon. 

Our week was pretty busy, as we have to start transfer preparations. We did have some time to work in our area though and things are going really good. Our ward is seriously exploding and the members are getting super excited. Between us and the other set of elders in our ward we had 26 investigators at church yesterday. Principles of the Gospel class is always packed and the chapel becomes more and more full every Sunday. We have a new ward mission leader and he is incredible! He had this vision of where he wants the ward to be as far as missionary work and he is going to work with all of the quorum and auxiliary leaders to make sure it happens. We have a family that is preparing to be baptized this upcoming Saturday and the ward is helping us out a ton.  It’s going to be a good week and it’s going to be kind of nice to stay in my area for a while, at least until next transfer that is. 

I don’t really know what else to write. Life in Cape Verde is pretty awesome. It’s super hot out right now but that doesn’t even really bother me anymore. We’ve got a lot of work to do this week to prepare this family for baptism and to help the rest of our investigators prepare themselves. Hope everything is going well in Canada. I love you all and hope you have a good week|
--
P.S. Here are some pictures from my trip to Mindelo and Santo Antão. Some are from the boat and some are in the mountains in Ribeira Grande. They don’t really do justice to what I saw though.