Elder Dola is serving a two year mission in Praia, Cape Verde, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Ayum...


Hey everyone!

I don’t really have a lot of time to write today. We are getting ready to go out and teach right now before we jump on a plane to Mindelo. We will be spending tomorrow in Mindelo and then on Wednesday we will be going to Santo Antão for two days to do divisions with the zone leaders. We had a bunch of work to do today so we haven’t had much time to sit down and use email. However, things are going really well here and we had another really good week. 

This past week we went and spent two days in Sal with the zone leaders there. It was my first time in Sal and it was definitely a different experience. All of the islands I have seen have been covered in mountains but Sal is super flat. There are a few small hills but that’s about it. It’s a very beautiful island though and I really enjoyed my stay there. It’s really cool to go out and work with all of the zone leaders and be able to help them with their work. It’s very tiring though with all of the travelling we do but it’s worth it. 

Sounds like life is pretty exciting at home. Boa Vista is doing really well and the church is growing really fast there. There are a ton of members there who were inactive simply because there was no church so Brodie and his companion have been busy reactivating people. From the sounds of it they have seen a ton of miracles during their time there. There are still two islands without missionaries, Maio and São Nicolau, and I don’t think I will be here when they receive missionaries. The church is growing here really fast though and we are almost ready to organize another district that would include the branches in Sal and Boa Vista.

Praia is still hot but I am pretty used to it. I think I may freeze to death when I come home though... I haven’t really experienced cold in a long time. Everything is going well here and we are always super busy. It amazes me how much we get done and how everything just falls into place when we need it to. Heavenly Father has blessed us so much and we would be lost without Him. I love you all and I hope you have a good week!