Elder Dola is serving a two year mission in Praia, Cape Verde, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Monday, July 29, 2013

N´sta Li na Boa Vista


Hey family!  - July 29, 2013

So Brodie should be getting on the plane right now and soon he and Zach will be home. Time goes by way too fast and it was weird seeing Brodie for the last time yesterday. I have been transfered and I have taken Brodie´s place here in Boa Vista! I am serving with Elder G, from Angola, and for the first time since my second transfer I am just a normal missionary. I’m not gonna lie, it’s kinda weird but I’m so excited to be here and to continue the work that was started on this island. Yesterday President Oliveira organized the branch here and now it’s our job to build it up. I’ve got three months to perform what the Lord has prepared for me here and my last two transfers are going to be awesome! 

My last week as an assistant was busy as normal with last minute transfer preparations and a division out in Assomada. We had a baptism as well and overall things went really well. It was sad to leave my area and the people there. I’ve seen so many miracles in the last six months and the Lord has blessed me so much. There are people waiting for me in Boa Vista though and I know that this is where I am needed right now. 

Other than that though I don’t have very much to say. I just want you all to know how much I love you all and how grateful I am for the gospel in my life. Jesus lives and He is our Saviour. I know through Him our families can be eternal and we can one day return to live with our Father again. He loves all of His children, and I see the miracles that He does for them every day. Have a good week!