Elder Dola is serving a two year mission in Praia, Cape Verde, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Monday, August 19, 2013

Calor ta Mata!


What’s up?

I’ll tell you what’s up... it’s hot. Super hot. Also, it’s humid... but mostly hot. Boa Vista is basically just a desert with sand dunes and beaches everywhere. But I love it here! Today we went with a family and helped them plant corn and beans. It was kind of weird as we planted it in the sand but they say that as long as it rains everything will grow just fine. It has yet to rain since I got here but there is still hope.

We’ve been teaching quite a lot lately but this week could be a bit of a struggle because of the music festival that will be happening. We are going to have to really focus on helping our members and investigators remember about church despite all that is going to be going on here. We’ve got a lot of people progressing for baptism though and we should have a few marriages here in a few weeks. We’re always busy though and the branch is growing bit by bit.

It’s kind of weird being so isolated at times. I went from knowing everything that was happening in the mission to not knowing anything. The only missionaries that I talk to are my zone leaders. We have a lot of time to just focus on our work and study. Elder G and I have been studying and discussing the Book of Mormon a ton and we are both learning so much! There is so much cool stuff there that I had never noticed! Life’s good though and hopefully the heat passes soon. Did I mention that it’s hot? I love you all and hope you have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment