Elder Dola is serving a two year mission in Praia, Cape Verde, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Monday, August 12, 2013

É Modi!


Just another week in paradise. Serving here reminds me a lot of my time in Calheta. We’ve got a stronger member base here but we still have to do a lot of the work. I spoke in church yesterday on missionary work and we’re really working to strengthen the members that we have while at the same time focus on our investigators. It’s a lot of work and it makes the time fly like crazy but I love the people here already so it makes everything worth it. It’s a good thing that we have our branch president, a returned missionary from Fogo, because without him things would be even harder.

The branch is growing though and the Lord is blessing the people here. Boa Vista is so different from all of the other islands! Because of all the tourism there are a ton of huge hotels and resorts. This means that almost everyone has a job and at times it can be difficult to find people. The people here are so nice though and there are so many of them who are open to accepting the gospel. It keeps us busy though and there is almost always something to do.

There is no zone conference this month and from the sounds of it nobody is going to be visiting us here so we are one our own for the rest of the summer. Just me, my companion and a ton of work to do. I’m enjoying being out in the field so much again. It’s definitely a good way to end my mission. I love you all and hope you have a good week. Say hi to the family for me!

--

                                                                      


No comments:

Post a Comment