Elder Dola is serving a two year mission in Praia, Cape Verde, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

December 27, 2011

Merry Christmas again!!! So since I wrote you on Sunday I don't really have a whole lot to tell this time. I'm glad you guys got my email though. The computers were so slow because everyone in the MTC was trying to email. They had us do it in shifts but it was still crazy. The rest of Christmas was pretty awesome as well. We had another speaker, an area Seventy who's name I forget right now. He was super funny! He kept asking questions that we had to stand up or stay seated to answer AND he let us take our suit coats off!! That never happens during firesides!! He told us a story about when he was a stake President and he was spraying a kid with water from the water fountain at church. It was one of those ones that when both are going, they lose pressure but when one turns off the other one shoots really high. He said he did it about 8 times and the kid never knew it was him. It was super funny. His talk was about missionary work and how we all need to stay strong and work our hardest so that we can return home knowing that our mission was acceptable to God. His and Elder Bednar's talks were probably my favorites since being here. We then watched Mr. Kruegar's Christmas before bed. It was a pretty good Christmas though. The only things it was missing was family and grandma's cooking. Shane sent me a picture of Christmas dinner and I'm kind of jealous! But I had a really good day.
So Brodie emailed me. AND he said that all the talk about only one bag is a lie!! Basically he said you can bring the same amount of stuff as you can on other airlines. 2 bags, a carry on, and a personal item. I still have to pack light but not that light!! It's crazy to think that I'll be there in one week exactly! So we leave from the Salt Lake airport at 9:53 AM on the 3rd and then have a layover in Boston. I don't remember exactly what time but it's about a 4 hour layover I think. I don't know if I'll phone from Boston or Salt Lake so maybe try to stay home that day? I'll try to find out more and email it to you next Monday before I leave but I will definitely call you sometime on Tuesday. Not much else happened though since Sunday. I went with Elder P. off campus so that he could get some prescription medications but thats probably the most exciting thing that has happend. We get to host again on Wednesday but my companion and I have to do traffic duty. Not quite as fun but it will still be good. I'm going to try to get some pictures with Jordan before I leave because he's in my residence building.
That sucks that Orlando lost!! Have they made any trades yet?? I heard that the Lakers lost to the Clippers in pre-season. Also that Jimmer played really good on Sunday?
Well I miss you all. It will be good to phone you guys next week. I'm super excited to leave!! Enjoy the rest of your holidays!
Amo voces!!!
Elder Brandon Dola