Elder Dola is serving a two year mission in Praia, Cape Verde, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

December 6, 2011

Tudo bem!!
So not much happened here this week. Sometimes the days seem to just blend together. Probably because we do the same things every day. But I am learning a lot and am continuing to progress with my speaking. I still have a very basic vocabulary but tomorrow we are having a "Fala Sua Lingua" day. This means we speak only Portuguese all day except for at meal times. Everyone has been telling us that we need to do this in order to learn faster and we were finally able to convince the rest of our district to do it. So... we'll see how it goes.
We have been told that we have to relax sometimes and have some fun. Apparently some missionaries become stressed out because they work too hard and never take any breaks. I'm not going to let that happen. We are having fun though and that makes it so much easier to learn. We get to teach every other day and have so much study time. We got to watch the Christmas Devotional on Sunday and it was really good.
Today we went to the temple and then ate lunch in the cafeteria. The food was soo much better than MTC food!! We are really getting tired of eating food that makes you feel sick after eating it, although nobody else has been super sick since Thanksgiving. I've learned that the salads are usually pretty safe to eat as well as the ice cream. I got your card today so thanks! It's the first time I've had more mail than the sisters. They get so much mail and so many packages it's ridiculous!
Thats good that the NBA is back although I was hoping it would miss a season so I would only miss one. Oh well... it doesn't matter. I just hope Howard doesn't get traded. The gym person got mad at me again because I brushed the rim when I went up for a dunk. I just flicked the ball in, didn't hang or anything, but my hand brushed the rim on my way down and they didn't like that. So now I just try to dunk in games. It snowed here the other day but it didn't last long. It is getting colder though, but not too bad. They have Christmas lights up all over the place but it still doesn't really feel like Christmas time. Probably because right up until Christmas we will be studying and working. It's going good though and I'm half way done my time here in the MTC.
I don't really think I need anything more right now. Although I am really getting bored of my ties. Also if you found some way to send real food without it spoiling in the mail, we have a fridge in our room!!! Just kidding but I'm doing good and learning a lot. Other than that, I like hearing from you. Please forward me the letters from all my friends. The one Sister P. puts together from all the missionaries. Thanks.
Anyways, thanks for everything and eu amo voces!!
Boa noite!!
Elder Brandon Dola