Elder Dola is serving a two year mission in Praia, Cape Verde, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Monday, September 16, 2013

O Fim sa ta txiga faxi!


Hey everyone!

Well I’m glad to hear that mom is doing all right and I hope everything keeps improving. I kind of figured that mom would need help, which is one of the reasons I decided not to extend my mission. This was the last week of the transfer and it was a pretty good week. We finished the last preparations for the sisters who are going to be coming to work in Boa Vista and then we were also busy teaching. There is water everywhere and lakes have formed on top of the salt mines. A few days passed without any rain but it was super hot and today it started raining again.

Elder Moreira, an Area Seventy, came to visit this week and he did a fireside with the people here in Sal Rei. It was really last minute notice but we still had 40 people in attendance, mostly families and investigators! It was a big success and the people really liked it.

So I am starting my last transfer. It’s kind of weird to think of how little time I’ve got left here but we’ve got a ton of work to do. Elder G was transferred to Mindelo and I will be receiving a new companion, Elder Y. He’s from the US somewhere and is a very good missionary. We are also going to be spending the next three weeks with two mini-missionaries, which will make things interesting. We will be able to get a lot of work done but my comp is going to have to learn the area and get to know the people super fast. There is a lot of work ahead of us and I think I’m going to be running around right until the end. To top everything off, Elder Y and I are going to be district leaders so that gives us a bit more to deal with. It’s going to be a lot of fun though and I’m really excited.

Well, that’s all I have for now. Don’t worry mom, I have to find someone to marry first before I can get engaged. Have a good week and I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment