Elder Dola is serving a two year mission in Praia, Cape Verde, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Monday, October 7, 2013

Só areia ku bananas!


Hey everyone!

So General Conference was a success here in Boa Vista. Lots of people came and we were able to watch all of the sessions except for Elder Nelson’s talk at the end, (the internet decided it needed a break and turned off...) It was all in Portuguese again and at times it was difficult to understand because of the echo. We still don’t have any divisions in the chapel and it echoes a lot. I really enjoyed it though and we will most likely download it in English and listen to it at home later.

Things are going really good here and this week we are going to Sal for zone conference. I haven’t left the island since I got here so it’s going to be nice to see the other missionaries again. We are also losing our two extra companions as they have both received their visas and will be flying to Brazil this week to start their own missions. We’re going to have a ton of work to do without them but I know that the Lord will bless us and the branch is going to continue growing.

We went to the Viana Desert today and jumped in the sand dunes, which was pretty fun. I’d send pictures but if I do I won’t have enough money to eat so it’ll just have to wait until I get home. This is definitely the strangest island that I’ve been on so far but I really love it here. Not too much else to report. Time continues to disappear and it always seems that we don’t have enough of it to get everything done. It’s a good thing that we don’t have to do everything alone because it would be impossible if we did. I love you all and hope you have a good week!


No comments:

Post a Comment